The Winchester Cultural Council is in need of new members for the coming year. The Cultural Council:
- gives grants each year to promote the arts in our town and to support the arts community in Winchester (recipients must meet state guidelines);
- offers microgrants of up to $300 throughout the year to Winchester residents and organizations;
- conducts Art in August each year, in collaboration with the Winchester Artists Network and local businesses;
- maintains the arts and culture web site for the town;
- collaborates with the Massachusetts Cultural Council and other state agencies to increase state support for the arts;
- works with state and town leaders to develop arts-friendly policies;
- builds connections between local cultural organizations and artists.
Members of the Winchester Cultural Council are volunteers who are appointed by the town's Select Board. The Council meets monthly. Love of the arts is important, but no special skills are required. The cultural community in Winchester includes visual artists (painters, photographers, sculptors, artisans), performers (musicians, actors, dancers), historians, authors, and many others.
Details about the positions can be found on the town's website.
If you are interested in joining, just send an email or letter stating your interests and any experience with arts and culture to the Select Board, Town Hall, 71 Mt. Vernon Street. Please include your daytime telephone number and email address.
For more information on the Winchester Cultural Council, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.