There are lots of places to get information about the COVID-19 virus (for example, the town website: winchester.us/coronavirus, and the MCC resource page), but on this cultural website is a good place to showcase creative responses to the ongoing crisis. Those can include videos, songs, visual art, poems, essays, and more. We hope to grow this list as time goes by—please send us your discoveries and your creations!
- From Zach Timson, a Broadway Corona Medley
- The Marsh family share their lockdown-themed parody in the style of Les Misérables.
- The Boston Children's Chorus virtually joins to perform "Why We Sing"
- A coronavirus Bee Gees parody: "Stayin' Inside"
- Berklee students form a "virtual orchestra" to perform Burt Bacharach and Hal David's "What the World Needs Now"
- The Socially Distant Orchestra plays the "Ode to Joy"
- The Thelma Yellin High School (Israel) choir and orchestra presents Mendelssohn's Psalm 42, recording their parts on their smartphones at home
- In hard-hit Italy, two choruses join together virtually to perform Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"