Anyone may apply for funding and the range of programs funded in the past has been very broad — a good idea is what counts. The WCC requires that the applicant have a local sponsor and that the program clearly benefits Winchester directly.
Applications are evaluated in terms of several review criteria: artistic or creative merit; project design; qualifications; dedication and track record of individuals and organizations involved; physical accessibility of any facilities being used; and community benefit/involvement. Enrichment projects utilizing outside professionals are allowed.
Who is eligible for a grant? (a) Arts, humanities or interpretive science organizations, (b) individuals including artists, science educators, historians or other humanists, parents, community members, etc.; and (c) community organizations such as schools, neighborhood centers, youth, senior and family associations.
Completed applications must be received by October 17, 2016.
- Priority is given to applicants from Winchester residents and organizations. Outside applicants must include a letter of support from a local (Winchester) sponsor as part of the grant application (or forward such a letter to the Council by email no later than the application deadline).
- We particularly encourage applications from local artists, performers, and other cultural creators.
- We do not fund identical projects more than two years in a row.
- If the project’s budget is greater than $500, other sources of funding or in-kind donations should be equal to or greater than the amount requested of WCC, and those sources must be documented in the application.
- Projects with a high cost per per person served are given a correspondingly low priority (for example, $1500 for 20 students, or $300 for 4 people).
- Following the project, we require that photos, news clippings, testimonials from participants, or other appropriate documentation be submitted to WCC prior to requesting reimbursement.
Beginning in September, 2016, all Winchester Cultural Council grant applications must be submitted online. This change is a result of changes in the Massachusetts Council program designed to reduce paperwork.
- Click here to visit the Winchester page on the Massachusetts Cultural Council website (for official LCC program guidelines, local council priorities, and other information).
- Click here to access the online grant application form.
- Click here for more tips on the application process from the state.
For further information, email us at email@example.com
Already received a grant? Download the reimbursement form here. Note that documentation of the event including photos, news clippings, and/or testimonials must be sent with the form, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org